Wednesday, May 21, 2014


Just a quick update on Guchukos scythe and horns. The scythe is almost finished and the horns only need faces to be paint on them. I'm so excited about the scythe! It turned out better than I expected! I especially like the skull :3 It's so shiny and cute ^__^

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Say yes to the fluffiness ♥

without and with petticoat! - the difference is huge ^____^
I made a petticoat for my Luka cosplay and it makes the dress look million times better! The petticoat was very easy to make, I followed a tutorial I found from youtube (though I added one more layer for extra fluffiness) I like the result a lot but i'm not quite sure if the petticoat is the right shape for this dress since it is more A-line in the pictures. But anyways here's pictures of the finished petticoat.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

GO GO Guchuko! ★★★

A duck that accidentally happened while dealing with expanding foam XD
I finally started my guchuko cosplay (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ I decided to start the costume with the hardest parts for me: Scythe and laser firing ear thingies. So far my costumes have been mostly sewing and I have zero experience in making props (okay, I did make some parts of the asunas sword but it was mostly made by my bf) so making a scythe for guchuko seemed a little challenging to say the least. But since I have spent the last few days watching cosplay prop tutorials I couldn't help but to start with the scythe, even though sewing the costume would have been a better way to start the costume... oh well I like challenges (★^O^★)

First I made a base for the skull and ear thingies from cardboard. There is a picture of the skulls cardboard base below. 

After that I used expanding foam to cover cardboard bases. With the ear things I first did other side and after the foam was dry enough I made the other side. After the expanding foam was added it looked nothing like it should have looked (・・。)ゞ They were just bunch of deformed balls ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

It took about 4-5 hours for those deformed balls to dry completely and after they were dry I started to carve them with cardboard knife. It was quite easy since I had the cardboard base in them and I could use it in my advantage to carve the wanted shape easily.

From random to nice-looking laser-thing
After I had sculpt all the pieces I covered the biggest holes with a masking tape. Then I added wall filler to cover the rest of the holes and waited for it to dry. It took again several hours to dry, so making props is a lot of waiting... After it was dry I could sand the surface and make it smooth (´ ▽`).。o♡  I also added base coat and now all of the pieces are waiting for me to color them.
the skull when it was carved and the same skull after the filler was added and sanded.

a sanded one and none sanded one
But that's not all progress that was made during weekend! The scythe is also starting to get its shape:

hole was cut for the blade...
and the scythe was cut. (though the parts are not attached to eachother)

For the first time using these materials and techniques I think I did quite well. I'm very pleased with how the parts look so far ( ˘ ³˘)❤ and I'm very proud of myself ^__^ (now that I said that I have a bad feeling something terrible happens while I paint the parts XD)

It looks like it. atleast i think it does ^___^