Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sheryl (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑

I  have a horrible con fever, but there's still almost three weeks till Animecon. My con fever have already made me start my Sheryl cosplay, eventhough I have so much other things I should be doing instead ( ´•̥̥̥ω•̥̥̥` )  As much as I'd like Animecon to happen right now, I'm happy that I have time to finish my beloved Sheryl (and all the other things also). Anyways here's the progress I've made so far:

Fabrics and other supplies
I started the whole outfit with faux leather pieces (shorts, top, shoes and hat). For the shorts, I altered a pattern I had made couple years ago. I have never made a skintight shorts or any kind of pants, so I have no idea how I managed to make the shorts fit me perfectly.

pattern for the shorts
The shorts were very fast and easy to sew. I didn't want to put a zipper on the front like it  is in most of the pants. Instead I put the zipper on the side. Also, I didn't want any unnecessary visible seams so I decided to use a fabric glue to attach the waistband. Though I did secure it first with stitches to the seam allowances.  I also used fabric glue to flatten the seam allowances because ironing doesn't really work for faux leather. Now the only thing left to do for the shorts is finishing the hem.

Shorts waiting for fabric glue
the seams looks so much cleaner with fabric glue
For the top, I crafted some patterns from scratch by taking a couple measurements. I know this piece won't be visible because of the jacket, but I wanted to make it anyway. I also made the piece a lot wider than it's supposed to be. The patterns can be seen under the text. The top itself is waiting for a zipper, but other than that it's done. I'll take a picture of it when it's completely finished.

Next thing is the hat. So far it looks like it's turning good, but well see about that after It's done. The pink thing you can see in the picture below is craft foam, which I used to add support to the hat. The great thing with craft foam is that you can sew it with sewing machine. Because of that I was able to make a stitching to the cap (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑

Sheryl with half a hat.

For the shoes, I used some old pair of shoes which were originally meant for Miyuki (cosplay that never happened). The shoes were black to begin with, but I wanted them to be leather instead of mocha. And I wanted them a little longer. So I made some shoe covers by ripping the weird embroidered flaps, painting the heal black, making a pattern and attaching the cut black leather pieces to the shoes. I still need to finish the edges, but other that my shoes are done!

patterns and shoe progress
I have also made patterns for the pants and jacket but I'll make a new post about them when I start to work on those parts. Until then here's a little sneak peak ~~
yep, these are going to be pants.